Inlays and Onlays

If you have a larger cavity in a back tooth, composite resin may not be strong enough and we might suggest you have a different type of filling made from either porcelain or gold. This is called an inlay or onlay.

An inlay will mend the central part of a back tooth but an onlay is a bit bigger, restoring the central part of the chewing surface as well as one or more of the tooth cusps or raised points on the outer edge of a tooth. Our strong, hardwearing and beautiful inlays and onlays are custom-made in our on-site dental laboratory.